Host Family Fees & ConditionsThe fee that you receive for hosting a student is dependent on a number of factors – including the age of the student and the program of study that they are participating in. All fees and method of payment will be confirmed with you in the booking letter you receive on acceptance of the placement.
|Weekly Single Homestay Fee (Age 18 And Over)||$A320 per person|
|Weekly Single Homestay Fee (Under 18)||$A350 per person|
|Study Abroad Weekly Single Homestay Fee*||$A330 per person|
|Weekly Twin Homestay Fee**||$A330 per person|
- Students book for an initial 4 to 24 week period, with the possibility of an extension.
- The first 4 weeks fee is paid to the Host within 5 working days after the student’s arrival.
- If the student extends, homestay fees are to be paid by student/Oz Homestay every 4 weeks (please refer to individual booking letter).
- Holiday Room Holding: Students pay 50% of their weekly fees during school holidays while they return to their home countries, however the student must notify Oz Homestay and the host two weeks prior to departure. Students must be away for a minimum of 7 nights.
- *Study Abroad are students on special packages with Department of Education NSW for a set period of enrolment.
- **Twin share – students must apply together and state each other’s name in special request field on application.
- Please note that Oz Homestay charges HOSTS a 7.7% service fee on weekly homestay fee for the whole duration of student’s stay.
|STUDY TOUR STUDENTS:|
- Homestay Weekly fee included two meals a day during week days and three meals on weekends. For high school students, food should be available for them to make a light lunch (a sandwich and piece of fruit) on school days and an after school snack .
- Twin share is very rare unless two friends or relatives are travelling together.
- In addition to the above fees, please consult with Oz Homestay for if you wish to impose any additional charges.
- Ensure that host’s Household contents insurance policy is inclusive of incidents caused by boarders.
- Ensure that host’s Home Buildings Insurance Policy includes Public Liability.
- All damages caused by students are the responsibility of the student.
- The home must be clean and have appropriate furnishings suitable for students, including minors under 18 years of age;
- Each student is to have as a minimum their own room, bed, desk or if a shared room no more than two persons per room (same sex) each of whom must have separate bed and desk;
- Students are not to share rooms with host family members and sharing arrangements will only be provided if the parents of the student(s) so request;
- Rooms assigned to students are solely for the student’s use and not for the use of other family members that requires regular access such as storage;
- There are to be no more than three overseas students residing in the home;
- Students are to be given a key to the home or arrangements made so that the student can gain access to the home at any time;
- There must be adequate lighting for study purposes;
- There must be heating in winter and some means of cooling in summer;
- There must be access to bathroom, with reasonable time allowed for showers (10 minutes);
- There must be access to kitchen and laundry facilities and use of shared living areas of home;
- The Homestay Host is to provide 2 (two) meals a day. Food should be available for high schools students to make themselves a light lunch (a sandwich and piece of fruit) and an after school snack on school days. In providing meals, the Homestay Host must be aware of and take account of cultural differences and dietary needs;
- House rules are to be discussed and explained to the student by the host parents, (including but not limited to friends visiting, use of phone and incoming calls, cleaning of room or other household tasks, meal times and rules for behaviour such as going out and times for arriving home, manners and courtesy);
- Use of telephone and/or computer facilities is to be at students own expense. However charges to the student should only cover the actual cost of phone or internet usage. Use of Homestay internet will be restricted including restrictions on downloads. Internet access is not permitted between 11pm and 6am.
- The Homestay Hosts / carers must reside at the premises and inform Oz Homestay prior any trips away (including an overnight stay);
- Recognising the importance of child protection, Hosts must ensure that all adult individuals residing at any homestay premises will have passed a Working With Children Check.
- Homestays are visited and inspected by Oz Homestay regularly to ensure that standards are being met.
- Homestay hosts take on the carer role for students under 18 years of age. Homestay hosts take on a parental role in communication between the student, parents, schools, the Department and Oz Homestay. Homestay hosts provide care and support for students and assist students to settle into life and study in school.