Parent Nominated Homestay
Parents of students who are enrolling for Years 9 to 12 in NSW public schools may nominate for their child to live with close family friends or distant relatives.
- Accommodation and living arrangements must meet Oz Homestay’s minimum homestay standards
- Parents must complete a Parent Nomination for Homestay form. Allow six weeks for processing
- DEC will issue a Confirmation of Appropriate Accommodation and Welfare (CAAW) for your child’s visa
- The person nominated to provide accommodation, and all family members aged over 18 years, must complete a Working with Children Check
- We will approve the arrangements once the nominated homestay meets all requirements
- The nominated homestay parent becomes carer for the student
- An annual accommodation placement fee of A$300 (2016) applies
- Placement fees are non refundable once the screening process begins or the nominated homestay is rejected.
- Refund of unused prepaid placement fee will incur an administration fee of $100.
Parent Nominated Homestay Screening Checks
When/if Oz Homestay has been requested to process an application for you to be the Parent Nominated Carer of a student: please ensure all the following steps are completed as soon as possible to prevent any delay in the approval process.
Documents can be returned via email or to PO Box 416 Sydney Markets, NSW 2129. These documents need to be completed once every 12 months until the student turns 18.
Download attachment-1.pdf here.
Follow the instructions in Attachment 2. These checks are valid for 5 years. Please apply for these as soon as possible as the clearance can take several weeks.
Download attachment-2.pdf here.
The room must be set-up as it will be when the student arrives. A home visit needs to be completed once every 12 months until the student turns 18.
Please do not hesitate to contact us if you require clarification or assistance.