Parent Nominated HomestayParents of students under 18 may nominate for their child to live with close family friends or distant relatives.
- Accommodation and living arrangements must meet Oz Homestay’s minimum homestay standards
- Parents must complete a Parent Nomination for Homestay form. Allow six weeks for processing
- The student’s institution will issue a Confirmation of Appropriate Accommodation and Welfare (CAAW) for your child’s visa
- The person nominated to provide accommodation, and all family members aged over 18 years, must complete a Working with Children Check
- We will approve the arrangements once the nominated homestay meets all requirements
- The nominated homestay parent becomes carer for the student
- An annual accommodation placement fee of A$400 applies
- Placement fees are non refundable once the screening process begins or the nominated homestay is rejected.
- Refund of unused prepaid placement fee will incur an administration fee of $110 (GST inclusive).
Parent Nominated Homestay Screening ChecksWhen/if Oz Homestay has been requested to process an application for you to be the Parent Nominated Carer of a student: please ensure all the following steps are completed as soon as possible to prevent any delay in the approval process.
Step 1 – Complete & Return Documents in Attachment 1 Documents can be returned via email firstname.lastname@example.org. These documents need to be completed once every 12 months until the student turns 18. Download attachment-1.pdf here.
Step 2 – All Adults in Home must Complete Working with Children Check Follow the instructions in Attachment 2. These checks are valid for 5 years. Please apply for these as soon as possible as the clearance can take several weeks. Download attachment-2.pdf here.
Step 3 – Oz Homestay will Contact you to Arrange a Visit to your Home The room must be set-up as it will be when the student arrives. A home visit needs to be completed once every 12 months until the student turns 18.
Please do not hesitate to contact us if you require clarification or assistance.