Please select a topic of interest below or use the “Institutions” menu in the sidebar
- Oz Homestay will find the host family that best matches any special requirements that you have.
- The host family will provide you with a furnished room, including one bed, a study desk and lamp, clothes hanging space and heating (if necessary).
- All linen (sheets and towels etc) will be provided and washed regularly.
- Breakfast and dinner 7 days per week, lunches on weekends.
- Access to the common areas of the home will be given.
- The homestay family will be located within 45 minutes travel time to your study location (all transport is subject to peak hour delays).
- Homestay does not include internet, printing, computers, telephone costs, weekday lunches and other personal items.
DEC CertificateOz Homestay is proud to be a fully certified Homestay Provider for NSW Government Schools and the NSW Department of Education. » View DEC Certificate as a PDF
2020 Special Notice +Oz Homestay is continuing to provide support and training during the COVID-19 outbreak. We are working to ensure we can continue to deliver high-quality care and relevant information to our students and homestay families, our staff and partner institutions. As of 1st October 2020 we have adopted the following approaches:… Read More
Work Permission for High School Students +There seems to be an increasing concern from hosts, and also schools, that many students are working, often for 'cash jobs.' The students therefore are working illegally and could face the possibility of having their visas cancelled if caught by the Department of Home Affairs. This is part of an… Read More
Information on renewing Working With Children Check WWC for Hosts +The Working with Children Check lasts for five years, so renewals have commenced from March 2018 for those who first applied in 2013. If your contact details are up to date, you will receive a notification from the Office of the Children’s Guardian when it is time for you to… Read More
Student Road and Fire Safety Tips +Road Safety – Look out Before you Step Out It’s easy to become complacent about road safety, especially on walks that are familiar to us. Taking risks and not being mindful of road safety can have serious consequences, which sadly has happened to some of our students in the past. Before… Read More
Opal Cards for High School students +It seems that with the changeover from paper tickets to opal cards, there has been some confusion as to what exactly the students are eligible for and the best way for them to purchase tickets and get the discounted travel. There are two types of Opal Cards for High School… Read More