Please select a topic of interest below or use the “Institutions” menu in the sidebar
- Oz Homestay will find the host family that best matches any special requirements that you have.
- The host family will provide you with a furnished room, including one bed, a study desk and lamp, clothes hanging space and heating (if necessary).
- All linen (sheets and towels etc) will be provided and washed regularly.
- Breakfast and dinner 7 days per week, lunches on weekends.
- Access to the common areas of the home will be given.
- The homestay family will be located within 45 minutes travel time to your study location (all transport is subject to peak hour delays).
- Homestay does not include internet, printing, computers, telephone costs, weekday lunches and other personal items.
DEC CertificateOz Homestay is proud to be a fully certified Homestay Provider for NSW Government Schools and the NSW Department of Education. » View DEC Certificate as a PDF
Information on renewing Working With Children Check WWC for Hosts +The Working with Children Check lasts for five years, so renewals have commenced from March 2018 for those who first applied in 2013. If your contact details are up to date, you will receive a notification from the Office of the Children’s Guardian when it is time for you to… Read More
Student Road and Fire Safety Tips +Road Safety – Look out Before you Step Out It’s easy to become complacent about road safety, especially on walks that are familiar to us. Taking risks and not being mindful of road safety can have serious consequences, which sadly has happened to some of our students in the past. Before… Read More
Opal Cards for High School students +It seems that with the changeover from paper tickets to opal cards, there has been some confusion as to what exactly the students are eligible for and the best way for them to purchase tickets and get the discounted travel. There are two types of Opal Cards for High School… Read More
Marketing Trip to China +Sarah and May recently had the opportunity to visit Beijing and meet with a number of Education Agents who assist students with their school and homestay applications. It is always nice to meet people who we usually only communicate with via email and put faces to the names. This trip… Read More
New Working with Children Checks +The new system has now commenced and seems to be going well. It is going to make it so much easier for our host families to receive clearances that will last 5 years. Remember all new hosts and current hosts needing to renew will be required to follow the new… Read More