» Work Permit

There are restrictions on the number of hours you can work. Students are permitted to work a maximum of 20 hours a week during the term and unlimited hours during recognised periods of vacation. For further information about work permits, visit the DIAC website.

» Tax File Number information

You need to obtain a Tax File Number (TFN) to work in Australia. You can obtain a TFN through the Australian Tax Office, visit the ATO website.

» Overseas Student Health Cover

All new international students pay for OSHC before being issued with a student visa. Please contact Medibank Private for further details.

» Renewing your Student Visa

You may wish to extend your stay in Australia for further study, staying for graduation or a holiday. For further information about visas, visit the DIAC website.

» Driving in Australia

International students can, however, apply for a NSW driver’s licence test and drive on a NSW licence. For more information on this you can ring the Roads and Traffic Authority (RTA) on 13 22 13 or visit the website.

» Mail and Postage

Australia Post shops are in most suburbs. Services include lettergram and facsimile, letter and parcel posting, money orders and a bill paying service, including electricity, telephone, gas and water bills. For further information, please visit the website.

» Towncars

Towncars offer a new and cost effective way to travel in comfort and style.

» Public Transport

This website provides information about bus/train/ferry timetables and fares in Sydney.

» Halal Food

Visit this website for further information regarding the Halal foods available in Sydney.