Oz Homestay Contact Details     »     Phone:    +61 2 9325 6988         Fax:    +61 2 9325 6960


Oz Homestay requires all Hosts to provide proof that you have home contents and public liability insurance to cover students residing in your home. For Homestay insurance we suggest you contact HomestayHost Insurance-Plus. The policy provides protection should you become legally liable to pay as a result of a claim or legal proceeding against you from your Student for Personal Injury or Property Damage. The annual premium for this is only $125 per year (as of November 2018) for $20M liability. You can also take out an optional student personal effects / personal liability cover for $50. It even covers key and lock replacement as well as accidental damages by student up to $5000. This insurance can be purchased directly on their website by following this link www.homestayhostinsuranceplus.com. You will need to provide Homestay Provider Number NSW08. If you already have a Certificate of Currency from Homestay Insurance Plus, please send it through to us as this is acceptable. Disclaimer of Endorsement Reference to any products, services, advice, hypertext link to the third parties or other information by trade name, trademark, supplier or otherwise does not constitute or imply its endorsement, sponsorship or recommendation by Oz Homestay. Nor is endorsement of us implied by such links. They are for convenience only, as a reference for Hosts.

Homestay Students Vs Airbnb

There are welfare rules and regulations that apply specifically to hosting students under 18. One of the homestay requirements is that ALL adults residing in the house must have current working with children check clearances while hosting minors. Therefore, Hosts with students under 18 should always check with Homestay agencies before taking on other adults. Although technically Hosts may be able to have adult students and Airbnb at the same time, it would be most appreciated if hosts can inform our staff in advance. These two types of guests have different requirements and expectations. Hosts may also need to look into other matters such as insurance and local council regulations before considering Airbnb.

Information on renewing Working With Children Check WWC for Hosts

    The Working with Children Check lasts for five years, so renewals have commenced from March 2018 for those who first applied in 2013.
    If your contact details are up to date, you will receive a notification from the Office of the Children’s Guardian when it is time for you to renew your WWC number.

Read more ...

Student Road and Fire Safety Tips

Road Safety – Look out Before you Step Out

It’s easy to become complacent about road safety, especially on walks that are familiar to us. Taking risks and not being mindful of road safety can have serious consequences, which sadly has happened to some of our students in the past.

Read more ...

Easter Long Weekend and Upcoming Holidays

    Easter is fast approaching and you may get students wanting to go away over the long weekend of during the school holidays shortly after. Please remember that students under the age of 18 are not permitted to travel without their carer (host) or their natural parents. If they wish to travel with their natural parents, they still need to obtain permission from the Department of Education – by providing flight itineraries, letters and copies of visas.

Read more ...