Oz Homestay Student Services
Select a service below or use the "Students" menu in the sidebar:
- Oz Homestay will find the host family that best matches any special requirements that you have.
- The host family will provide you with a furnished room, including one bed, a study desk and lamp, clothes hanging space and heating (if necessary).
- All linen (sheets and towels etc) will be provided and washed regularly.
- Breakfast and dinner 7 days per week, lunches on weekends.
- Access to the common areas of the home will be given.
- The homestay family will be located within 40 minutes travel time to your study location (all transport is subject to peak hour delays).
- Homestay does not include internet, printing, computers, telephone costs, weekday lunches and other personal items.
For more details, please refer to Standard of Homestay Requirements.
All International students under the age of 18 years old must, by Australian Law - visa condition 8532, have a guardian whilst they are in Australia. Various institutions have their own additional requirements in relation to guardianship, but for general guardianship conditions please visit the Guardian Responsibilities page.
All Oz Homestay families acting as guardians have a current Working with Children clearance check and have provided Oz Homestay with 100 points of identification.
Oz Homestay drivers will meet you at Sydney Airport and transport you to your homestay family. All of our drivers are professional, holding the appropriate licence and insurances required for transferring passengers. Those drivers transferring students under the age of 18 hold current Working with Children clearances.
"Oz Homestay has worked with UWS College for many years providing an excellent service to us and to our students. They take great care to find good quality homestays with Australian families who look after their international students from many countries and treat them as one of the family."
English Program Manager – UWS College